Latest Shoes :
Home » » PANTHER 8.0 BLACK MEN'S & WOMEN'S BOOT Review

PANTHER 8.0 BLACK MEN'S & WOMEN'S BOOT Review

Read Details !!!


OVER-HYPED
By M Burt on 30/01/2014

As a former doorman now working as static security, I have seen a lot of guys wearing (and recommending) Magnum boots, so I finally bought a pair only for the heels to take a week to break in and the sole of the left boot split at the ball of the foot. So, for me, the hype was greater than the reality. However, I have found them to be comfortable after a bit of perseverance and pain but ultimately the build quality has let them down. RESPONSE FROM MAGNUM: Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your boots. The split you've mentioned is particularly concerning to hear about, especially if this has happened while your boots are still fairly new. Could you please get in touch with our Customer Services Team about this? They can ask you more questions to determine whether there may be a fault with your boots. Thanks. Read Less

GOOD FOR THE PRICE, BUT NOT UP TO USUAL MAGNUM STANDARDS.
By Andrew on 11/11/2013

After owning the boots for the last 14months the only faults I have to report with them are noticeably quicker wearing of the soles than other Magnum boots that I have bought in the past- namely the Classic CEN and the Stealth Force 8.0 Leather CT CP boots. I have also noticed quicker wearing of the leather than usual on the left hand boot, but nothing to really bother about. On the plus sides, they are as comfortable as any of the other Magnum boots I have bought in the past as well as being breathable. Also, there is no visible fraying of the nylon panels which surprised me when reading other reviews. All in all, a good pair of boots for the price, but I would recommend looking more to the Stealth Force boots or Classic CEN boots personally. Read Less

QUICK AND DURABLE
By Josh on 31/08/2013

I got these boots quite a while back and I have used them for a long time being a Royal Marines cadet I found that these boots did stand up to the tests that I look for In a boot such as light weight and comfortability, despite the down side that these are non water proof these are really good to stand in mud pools for hours and rivers too because of how comfortable they are that is why I could trust they would do me good in the feild and not be a hindrance, I only wish they were water proof though Read Less

A COMFORTABLE BOOT BUT NOT AS DURABLE AS I ASSUMED IT WOULD BE
By Pete Wood on 09/05/2013

This is the second pair of Magnum Panther's that I had acquired. I say acquired because my first pair of Panther's ripped at the heel where one piece of nylon met another. As an Army Cadet, I had looked after my boots extremely well and had used my Magnum Panther's for all sort of adventurous activities, such as 20 mile hikes across Dartmoor (training for the Ten Tors challenge), attending residential field craft weekends with the Cadet Force and attending a summer 2 week cadet camp where I wore my Panther's for a 3 day exercise included at the camp, at Templeton Airfield, South Wales. It was on my camp that I had found the nylon heel had ripped on both boots. I contacted Magnum and was extremely impressed with the exemplary customer service I was greeted with; quick replies to emails, free postage and returns etc. Furthermore, I received a new pair of Magnum Panther's from Magnum, free of charge. However, it was only approximately six months of wearing my second pair of Panther's before noticing that the nylon stitching was starting to weaken again, in exactly the same place as before. Again I contacted Magnum and at present I am resolving the problem with them. Would I recommend the boot? Yes, if you are only going to use them for non-strenuous light duties, as they are very comfortable. However, if you want to participate in any other activities, such as military events/exercises or hiking, I strongly advise you to buy another boot. I hope you found my review informative and interesting. Thank you again Magnum for your wonderful customer service. Read Less

GOOD IN KOSOVO...GOOD IN ITALY
By romualdo on 04/03/2013

This is the third pair of shoes Magnum ... I have known in Kosovo in 2004 with the army and the police still use them. comfortable, resistant to cold, but above all also allows you to drive without having trouble with the pedals. today many buy other brands like crispy or original swat, even if they are beautiful shoes I remain faithful to the Magnum because quality and price are unbeatable. Read Less

GREAT BOOTS AT GOOD PRICE
By Carl on 30/10/2012

Just got my first pair of Magnum boots after my British Army assault boots wore out. Got the panther 8.0 size 12 and they feel great. Really comfortable and a good substantial weight to them. The contrast between these boots and my old Army boots is massive. Great boots at a good price. Read Less

FRAYING NYLON SIDE PANELS
By Glyn on 12/09/2012

I normally wear Classic CEN's but although they are robust and polish up well even after heavy use they don't hold their shape and the side sole starts coming away from the leather (albeit after 12 months constant use). I thought I'd try the Panther as they were on special offer and I needed a new pair of boots for my new job in Bermuda. On the plus side they are comfortable and hold their shape and support the foot better than the CEN's but the Nylon side panels are starting to fray after only 4 months use something which never happened with the CEN's. I won't replace them with either types I've tried previously and will look at something more expensive next time. I'd recomend the CEN but not the Panther. Read Less

AND ANOTHER PAIR HITS THE DUST
By Adam on 12/09/2012

After taking on my new role at a well known supermarket chain, i had decided that using a pair of slip ons with a leather soles wasn't going too work. So I started too take a look around at what was considered to be the best boot. Looked at cats to begin with..However they were heavy and cumberson and no real support for my ankles... Hiking boots... too much support and again fairly heavy for what they were....1 of my friends suggested these magnums...Tried them on in millets and they were lightweight and had full ankle support and seemed too be built fairly sturdily. However after 2 years and 5 pairs of boots they does seem to be a flaw or 2 in the boots design for the job I do The front cap in which the sole rounds up over the toe area is glued on not stitched...3 pairs of boots have been lost too this, The sole becomes flappy and then loose and then damp if i go outside in it.... The back of the boot where the ankle slides down into the boot, The lining and piece of hardened material has moved down and then started too irritate the back of my calf... So I then purchased my 5th pair which had a zipper down the side of the boot too try and stop this. This time the toe cap on my right boot and the zipper on my left boot failed almost at the same time. I am about to go and buy my 6th pair of boots today as I don't think I could work without them. However stitching the front cap making the zip last longer/or making the lining on the ankle area last longer/more comfortable would be the excellent finish. Since I started using these boots in my work...Have converted 5 other managers too wearing them. This is how good they are Read Less

DISSAPOINTED
By Stephen on 12/09/2012

All the rewiews on these boots promised lightweight and comfort, I replaced my tried and trusted SWAT 1150's with these due to the them not being available in the UK any longer. At first they were all that was promised but after a few days a lace eyelet fell out. Just over a month I began to have dis-comfort in the front of both heals just behind the foot arch, seemed the arch support was too high and too far back. This has now got to the point that I can no longer wear them due to the pain in mostly the left heal after a few hours. Read Less

FIELD TESTERS
By Paul on 12/09/2012

Last weekend we did helvelen in the lakes, there was snow and mud under ( and somtimes over ) foot, yet the panthers did thier job, kept feet warm and dry with no irritations eg rubbing ect.. Excelent over rough terain and on slippy slopes. When we reached the cars evryone with thier lowas were in a rush to remove thier boots, but not me, i can hapily drive in these boots. The next test is the 3peaks this weekend, no doubt il be left quietly impressed with my boots. Read Less

WINTER PATROLLERS
By Liam on 12/09/2012

I try to have separate boots for summer and winter - normally lower, lighter ones for the heat and higher ones for the cold. I picked the Panther as my Classic replacements and thought I would share my experiences. They come in the usual box with no problem. Not stuffed with tissue but that doesn't matter as they wouldn't lose their shape. The laces are the flat kind and have good length hand hold tight, never coming loose so far! To my surprise they were heavier than I thought. The weight seemed to be contained in the heel of the sole. It has not hindered me and I can jump a wall if needed! The sole is pretty thick and I haven't noticed any wear that happened so fast it would be worth mentioning. I thought I might have an issue with the width across my toes but they looked narrower on the outside than they are, however I think they might be too warm for the super hot British summertime... The shape closely resembles a foot so fairly straight on the inside of the foot and curved around the outside. Not a problem but note this if billing them as it seems to need more work on the outside and creates a line that doesn't appear straight - even though it is. That said, it is really just personal aesthetic taste. They bulled really well and received complements from the seniors. They run high up the back of the achilles and are soft at the top so remain comfy. So far I have had no problem so will consider them again and you will probably like them if used to the Classic or Commando range. Read Less

DAILY USE BOOT
By Paul on 12/09/2012

I have had these Panthers for 9 months now and they tread is just starting to go. But only on the inside edge of the front half of the sole, that is a result of how I walk, the rest of the tread has 2-3 months of life left. I have found that the sole will last about 12 months of 6-7 days a week use 12-14 hours a day. Still the original laces and the uppers are showing no sign of wear. Great boots for all day use inside and out, on hard floors or soft fields. The only down side is that the tread can hold mud/dirt. Read Less

FIRST PAIR - MAGNUM COMMANDS NOT PANTHER 8.0
By Lee Bee on 12/09/2012

Got these as my first way into to Magnum boots, always heard great things about them. So on seeing these on special offer i thought id give them a try, had them now about 2 weeks. From first putting them on, they felt so comfortable and secure, i tried them firstly out and about in the dry, and can't fault them. Only thing i've found a little annoying is when kneeling or driving is where they crease across the toes and dig in, and mind you this isn't a real issue just annoying if for long duration. Even thou they are non-waterproof i decided to wear them for my latest firework display in the rain, sleet and snow. Walking through mud and puddles for quite a few hours, my toes got slightly cold (but a pair of decent socks would sort that out) not once did my feet feel wet and remained comfortable for hours standing and working outside. Won't hesitate to use them again in the wet and mud or on any firework display and also smart enough to wear in and about the office. Will check in with an update soon Read Less

DAILY USE BOOT
By Paul on 12/09/2012

I have had these Panthers for 9 months now and they tread is just starting to go. But only on the inside edge of the front half of the sole, that is a result of how I walk, the rest of the tread has 2-3 months of life left. I have found that the sole will last about 12 months of 6-7 days a week use 12-14 hours a day. Still the original laces and the uppers are showing no sign of wear. Great boots for all day use inside and out, on hard floors or soft fields. The only down side is that the tread can hold mud/dirt. Read Less

GRAEME
By Graeme on 12/09/2012

I have had magnum boots for the last 11years and bought these and they are really comfortable and are perfect for what I do within St John Ambulance and I would recommend them to any one

TOUGH BOOTS FOR HARSH CONDITIONS.
By Chris on 10/09/2012

Great boots straight of the box! With more traditional safety boots there's an element of having to 'break' them in but not with Magnum boots, they are good to go from day one and only get better. Working in harsh conditions they stand up very well, they shrug off pools of machine coolant and oil allowing you to stay sure footed. We all know that accidents do happen and the steel toe gives you that confidence that you won't get crushed toes. The leather and nylon are highly cut resistant keeping them looking good. When you notice the small things such as the eyelets don Read Less

VERY DISAPPOINTING
By Janca on 09/09/2012

I must say. these boots are not the best I have ever bought. I bought pair in October 2011 and only after a month the stitching between leather and fabric started to tear, I got very quick replacement, but unfortunately this pair had another similar fault only after another month of wearing. For a second time I send them away and requested refund as I don't have a trust in these anymore, a week later I have received another pair. These boots are comfortable as they brake in very easily, but certainly don't keep my feet anywhere close to dry, and as I do a lot of walking around local hill and fields with my dogs it is a problem. One thing I can not fault was the customer service and quick response Read Less

VERY DISAPPOINTING
By Janca on 09/09/2012

I must say. these boots are not the best I have ever bought. I bought pair in October 2011 and only after a month the stitching between leather and fabric started to tear, I got very quick replacement, but unfortunately this pair had another similar fault only after another month of wearing. For a second time I send them away and requested refund as I don't have a trust in these anymore, a week later I have received another pair. These boots are comfortable as they brake in very easily, but certainly don't keep my feet anywhere close to dry, and as I do a lot of walking around local hill and fields with my dogs it is a problem. One thing I can not fault was the customer service and quick response Read Less

GLAD A PAID IT
By Douglas on 08/09/2012

well i was going on army experience course to see wither i sign up for army or im going with marines. So after not being able to get a hold of any combat boot i came across magnum panther 0.8's the looked pretty cool and when i slipped them on i swear to god it was like a slipper that was so comfy so even though i think about 70 odd pounds i said. ok ill pay for it the guy said the were good and the paras used magnum this interested me alot as i do like my military gear :) . these lasted the whole time after i polished em a couple times to a nice shine i like the were brilliant. Then after that I whent to the Eden festival and it rained badly almost above boot level and swamped so i wore these the whole time exceot from when i got there i was in trainners until it rainned by the end of it my feet where soaked after the first day but i hadnt waterproofed sprayed it until wickerman . but they stood up despite the wet as it came in through the the air pannels on the side. they where great i walked for ages in them and by the end after cleaning em polishing them and drying them i was on with em again.as i began to train for the marines so i ran aprox about 3 and a half miles in these magnum boots takes a bit of getting used to from trainners but once done easy to run with then using them for basic things working running school and general activities like hiking. my last best ay to show the comfert of this boot. i had ran 6 miles with 30 min break between with a friend and in flat sold shoes with holes in it from the running worn out so i had bad blisters and had to work the day after so a pair of boot socks and these magnum boots and OMG i could stand without pain from my blisters good for waiter. realy good. the improvments needed to the boots would be a waterproofed mesh on the sides and a more reinforced ankle padding on outside just as i clipped ot on a bike . didnt rip it but made a mark and clearly weakened/stretched it. but over all its a good boot Read Less

WELL WORTH THE CASH
By Ashley on 07/09/2012

I bought these boots after I worn my old ones out so decided to try these from magnum and am glad I did. I bought them last year and they where very comfey from day one and after a 12 event with ST John Ambulance my feet did not hurt at all they made running throught mud and water very easy a well as keeping my feet dry and safe. An after a year there is slight scratch marks where I have corght them but the tred and feel is still good as new well worth the cash and come highley recommended Read Less
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Magnum Boots - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger